Step Ahead Physiotherapy provides Physiotherapy to infants, children and adolescents to improve balance, coordination, and gross motor skills such as rolling, crawling, sitting, walking, running and jumping. Our main aim is to support children and their families to maximise their participation, engagement and enjoyment in daily life.
Paediatric Physiotherapy is a sub-speciality of Physiotherapy just for infants, children and adolescents. Our Paediatric Physiotherapists have Masters level University training in Paediatric Physiotherapy and continually undertake advanced training in this area. Triston Hunter is also trained in CME (Medek therapy). Our therapists work with the family to assess the current functioning level of the child and to create an individualized plan to help your child achieve optimal results.
Does your child appear floppy or loose in the joints? Do they walk on their toes? Does your child have a disability that affects their muscles and movement? Do they have difficulty participating in and/or enjoying sport? Is your baby achieving their developmental milestones compared to other babies?
Physiotherapy can be of benefit to your child if he/she has been diagnosed with:
- Torticollis/Wry Neck (head tilt)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Stroke and acquired brain injury
- Developmental Delay
- Hypotonia (weakness, low tone)
- Gross motor incoordination
- Motor planning difficulties
- Gait difficulties
- Orthotic concerns
- Neurological problems
Physiotherapy for infants, children and adolescents may help improve:
- Range of Motion – how far a joint can bend or straighten
- Specific Muscle Strength
- Muscle Tone and Muscle control
Physiotherapy for infants, children and adolescents may include:
- Stretching and strengthening activities and exercises to improve movement and postural control
- Harnessing movement patterns in line with normal development
- Improving balance skills
- Gait re-training
- Biomechanical assessment for use of supportive aids and equipment
Need more information about Paediatric Physiotherapy?
If you need additional information or would like to arrange an appointment feel free to Contact Us